- It is the Leo strength of will, energy and vigor which make these individuals one of the best types to lead in the world. The males possess soldierly qualities and the females are dignified and regal...especially after the "first flush of youth."
- There is a marked predilection here for all that flashes and glitters, coupled with the wisdom to realize that "all that glitters is not gold," making Leo natives usually successful in matters regarding monetary gain. In short, Leo subjects (particularly the males) make great leaders...for good or ill.
- Those governed by Leo will always stand ready to defend friends and family and the power of this Sign can override almost anything. Leo individuals rarely display jealousy...rather, they tend to invite it, thus throwing the burden upon their partner.
- Being accustomed to gaining results through personality and charm, these individuals are above anything petty but, if they find themselves slipping, will justify whatever measures they deem required in order to to retain what they feel is rightfully theirs.
- At their most glorious, Leo subjects are big-hearten, passionate and generous souls, appreciative of loyalty and sincerity while withholding nothing of themselves...possibly because these individuals cannot abide hypocrisy or deceit in others. They are devoted to high ideals, being honorable, conscientious, courageous and daring. In short, they live for the moment, savoring life to the fullest.
For all these Leo virtues, its natives must strive to overcome an imposing dark side and those who fail to dispel the shadows may well become demanding, domineering, insensitive and destructive. This dark side of Leo can lead to a drowning of the individual in egocentricity and materialism, coupled with a lack of both the desire and capacity for spiritual development. In such circumstances, it will be necessary for the Leo subject to endeavor to avoid the type of exaggeration which can debase the many gifts inherent in this Sign.
Negative Leo Characteristics
- The worst fault of those ruled by Leo is that they can become very narrow-minded and bigoted, largely due to the fact that personal convictions are settled early in life and rarely become changed or modified at a later time. In addition, the greatest drawback to the Leo personality is likely to be indolence. They will revel in ease and luxury until they are forced into action either through necessity or due to their own self-imposed demands.
- Leo natives are easily flattered and often make the mistake of trusting false friends. Indeed, Leo subjects often win over opponents through the force of sheer magnetism. However, if such efforts are misdirected, then the result could easily be false idealism and the Leo benefactor is sometimes only a whisper away from turning into a tyrant.
- Those ruled by Leo are prone to ride over their own faults so naturally that apparently, they are not even aware of such faults. In fact, the very exuberance of a Leo subject can manifest itself in the form of a show-off...but he or she will doubtless feel above any such criticism. Thus, when Leo natives honestly believe they are right, it is assumed that all critics must necessarily be wrong.
- The type of love associated with those who fall under the jurisdiction of Leo is that which embraces the whole of humanity yet, this can present a danger in that Leo individuals are prone to diffuse such love and are often blind to where it is most needed...frequently closer that these natives might think.
- Leo subjects are open in speech and can be rather tactless...a trait which those who form friendships with Leo subjects come to recognize as being symbolic of the honesty associated with this Sign. However, this self-same quality also easily garners enemies.
In essence, Leo characteristics shows that to the Leo native, diplomacy is tantamount to guile...a trait which is personally detested but which the Leo individual often learns how to use. In general, however, this is an affectionate Sign complete with a lively and sunny personality which brings joy and life to any dull day.
Other Related Pages